Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ghost of Yellowstone's Old Faithful Inn(extra)

For my final cover I listed an article on the Ghosts of the Ahwahanee Hotel. I haven't really believed that ghosts existed until, one summer, my wife and I visited Yellowstone National Park. We did the usual tourist things, seeing the geysers, buffalo, bears, hot springs, etc. We also stopped off to see the old Old Faithful Inn and spent a while looking around. The main lobby is a giant open space, going up several floors. I was up about two floors, taking pictures and having fun. When I downloaded the day's pictures onto my computer that night I was astonished to see what appeared to be the bottom (at least) half of a ghostly image standing right next to my wife. I have no other explanation for what this image shows. What I have attached is the original, unretouched image.

 After looking at this image, I did a little research and discovered the book Yellowstone Ghost Stories by Shellie Larios. It seems to confirm what I think is a ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment